- Owner, The Second 9 Months
- Board certified lactation consultant (IBCLC) 1997-present
- Lactation Consultant Mentor
- Certified postpartum doula (NAPS)1996 to present
- Member, Northwest Association for Postpartum Support (NAPS) 1996 to present
- Leader, La Leche League 1991 to present
- Reiki practitioner, 1999 to present
- Breastfeeding Instructor with Prepare the Nest.
- Formal education includes:Founder, Northwest Association for Postpartum Support (NAPS) 1996
- Director, Northwest Association for Postpartum Support (NAPS) 1996-2004
- Consultant for Pollywog Nursing Positioner 2004
- Lactation consultant, Northwest Hospital Childbirth Center 2002-2004
- Breastfeeding instructor, Northwest Hospital
- Breastfeeding instructor, Birth and Body Works
- Lactation consultant, Northwest Medical Supply 1999-2001
- B.S., Psychology; Oregon College of Education, 1980
- M.Ed., University of Washington, 1983
- Accredited LaLeche League Leader, 1991
- Postpartum Doula, Seattle Midwifery School, 1996
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, 1997
- Certified in Pediatric CPR
Professional memberships include:
- ILCA (International Lactation Consultant Association)
USLCA (United States Lactation Consultant Association)
- NAPS (Northwest Association for Postpartum Support)
- La Leche League International
- Fertile Foods: Breastfeeding Advisor and Blogger (Kathryn Flynn, Founder)
- Milk Makers: Breastfeeding Consultant and Blogger
- Hadley Stilwell Designs: Breastfeeding Advisor and Team Teacher (Return to Work classes with Holly Harris, Founder), collaborated on breastfeeding content of website
- Pollywog Baby: Consultant for design of Pollywog Nursing Positioner, contributing author for website (Annette Cottrell, Founder)
- Expert for Questionland.com: Contributor for breastfeeding related questions.
- North Seattle Families of Multiples (NSFOM): Volunteer speaker for families with multiples or families expecting multiples. Variety of subjects including breastfeeding challenges, pumping, milk supply, sleep issues and coping with twins and more.
- Preparation for Early Parenting Support (PEPS): Volunteer speaker for families with young babies. Â Variety of subjects including working and breastfeeding, milk supply, and sleep issues.
- Northwest Association for Postpartum Support (NAPS): Contributing author to newsletter and online support, Breastfeeding advisor to postpartum doula membership, Continuing education instructor.
- LaLeche League: Speaker for local workshops